Indiana’s District Showcase Award is designed to highlight the success of four local Soil and Water Conservation Districts (SWCDs) in the Hoosier state. The award focus allows Districts the opportunity to share new project ideas or better ways to design and implement existing conservation projects, etc. The award is sponsored by the Indiana Conservation Partnership.
FAQs regarding the District Showcase Award (updated 7/28/20):
Thank you for your patience as decisions were being made regarding this award alongside the decision to go virtual with the 2021 Annual Conference of Indiana SWCDs.
For 2020 , the following items are required and suggested for the District Showcase Award and applying:
- Required: the 2020 nomination/application form (online form here: https://forms.gle/3LrAxVhP8GoFd2r37)
- Suggested: any photos of the project(s)/activity etc. can be emailed to Amy Work at email@example.com
- Suggested: any additional materials that will give the judges a clear picture of what the District has been doing
(Note: To view the District Showcase application prior to filling it out online, please see the word version here: District-Showcase application form-2020 . )
After the deadline of August 28 and after winners have been selected by a panel of individual judges, IASWCD will contact every applicant.
Then, if chosen as one of the District Showcase winners:
- A “virtual visit” will be coordinated by Amy Work (IASWCD, Communications and Member Programs Manager) with the district and ICP leaders to showcase the District to these leaders, the community, and anyone else the District would like to invite. These Virtual Visit Presentations will take place between September-November depending on schedules.
Benefits of receiving this award:
- Opportunity for ICP leaders to meet, visit and view the District and their successes (2020 will be completed virtually)
- Recognition during the Annual Conference of Indiana Soil & Water Conservation Districts (2020 will be a virtual conference)
- Publicity regarding the District created by IASWCD to include news release(s), Facebook posts, IASWCD website, and conference materials/promotion.
- In year’s past, a District-specific video has been developed and presented for the first time at the conference awards luncheon and then provided to the District after conference for the District to use as desired. IASWCD is working on this benefit and how it may be accomplished (or something similar) as appropriate during this time of remote work situations.