Indiana’s District Showcase Award is designed to highlight the success of four local Soil and Water Conservation Districts (SWCDs) in the Hoosier state. The award focus allows Districts the opportunity to share new project ideas or better ways to design and implement existing conservation projects, etc. The award is sponsored by the Indiana Conservation Partnership.
FAQs regarding the District Showcase Award
Required by the July 31 deadline:
- the nomination/application form (Google form) by July 31
- any photos of the project(s)/activity etc.
- any additional materials that will give the judges a clear picture of what the District has been doing
Then, if chosen as one of the District Showcase winners:
- A visit will be coordinated by Amy Work (IASWCD, Communications and Member Programs Manager) with the district and ICP leaders to showcase the District to these leaders, the community, and anyone else the District would like to invite. This visit usually includes a presentation and tour (weather permitting). These visits take place between September-November depending on schedules.
- A booth space will be provided at annual conference to display District information.
Benefits of receiving this award:
- Opportunity for ICP leaders to visit and meet personally with the District in a smaller environment
- Recognition during the Annual Conference Conservation Awards Luncheon in downtown Indianapolis (2019 date: January 15)
- Publicity regarding the District created by IASWCD to include news release(s), Facebook posts, IASWCD website, conference materials, etc.
- A District-specific video presented for the first time at the conference awards luncheon and then provided to the District after conference for the District to use as desired.
2018 DISTRICT SHOWCASE: Nomination Form
PAST SHOWCASE INFORMATION:
Download a list of past winners here.