Indiana’s District Showcase Award is designed to highlight the success of local Soil and Water Conservation Districts (SWCDs) in the Hoosier state. The award focus allows Districts the opportunity to share new project ideas or better ways to design and implement existing conservation projects. Let’s share and celebrate the SUCCESS and hard work in your SWCD!
The District Showcase Award is sponsored by the Indiana Conservation Partnership.
2023 Indiana District Showcase Award applications can now be submitted!
The application must be completed online by August 1, 2023.
District recipients of this award receive one free conference registration to the 2024 Annual SWCD Conference in downtown Indianapolis. As well, a video highlighting the district will be created for the district and for sharing statewide. In the fall of 2023, Indiana Conservation Partnership leaders will visit the district to hear firsthand how your district is making a difference!
The online application includes the collection of contact information and one Narrative Question (below):
Describe why your SWCD should be showcased for a specific project(s), program(s) or activity(s) in soil and water conservation. Note: Points will be awarded based on how well the description includes these nine points and they must be addressed in the narrative:
(1) specific customer(s) targeted (urban, rural, ag, general public, etc.),
(2) conservation practices highlighted,
(3) outreach and communication to the targeted customer(s),
(4) how the work fits into the SWCDs Business Plan,
(5) Partnership involvement (both traditional and non-traditional),
(6) funding mechanisms (if appropriate),
(7) environmental and conservation benefits of the work (quantified if possible), (8) any measurable results of the work, and
(9) how the project has strengthened the SWCD.
A Sample Narrative for the District Showcase Award application is being provided this year.
Previous District Showcase Award Recipients
2022 District Showcase Recipents